Instagram is a social networking site that has been used mostly for posting pictures. The truth is, Instagram marketing can also provide the critical push that turns a viewer into a buyer.
Here’s how you can make Instagram work for you.
• Use Instagram to let people get to know you. A primary requirement for this is to build a really good profile. Of course, you need to avoid creating a profile that bores other users. It’s important to avoid building an egotistical profile as well. Create a profile that brings out your strong points and what your business has to offer.
• Make your brand visible through Instagram. Instagram is a good way to make your brand visible. This does not mean a constant stream of your logo or your products. It means acquainting people with what your brand stands for and what your company believes in. Remember that a brand is more than what you sell; a brand is everything your company is. It includes the core of your business, and it gives people a reason to choose your brand over others.
• Have a work plan for Instagram. Figure out the number of times you will post on Instagram and do it consistently. For example, if you are selling shoes, plan to create a logical series of shots that will make people look forward to your posts. If you post every day, people will begin to look forward to what you have to show on a daily basis.
• Expand your audience. You can increase the number of people who follow you on Instagram by connecting or importing your contacts from your email, your Facebook account, and Twitter. Creating a bigger following on Instagram means being as reciprocal as possible. Follow other people, use hashtags, and keep track of the brands you admire.
• Create worthwhile posts. If you want to optimize the use of Instagram as a marketing strategy, make sure your posts are interesting and relevant. It is also important to make your photos clear, well composed, and revolving around a campaign theme, and not just random shots.
• Optimize the use of video. Instagram lets you post 15-second videos that will allow you to share a lot of interesting information. This time limit is enough for a well-packed video, but it is short enough to make sure you impose self discipline and do some editing when necessary to make it worthy of your audience’s time.
• Announce developments promptly. Treat Instagram as a way to make timely, abbreviated press releases that will make your audience feel they are constantly in the loop. Yesterday’s news is so yesterday; respect your audience by letting them know what’s happening as soon as it happens.
Instagram marketing is a truly fun and effective tool to keep in touch with your target market and followers. If you haven’t tried it, or if you’ve only been doing it off and on, begin to use Instagram more seriously, and see what amazing results you will get.